Friday, July 9, 2010

A Visit with the Partridge Family!


Today I had the pleasure of visiting my college friend, Julie, and her husband, Opie, as well as (more importantly!) getting to meet their new bundle of joy, Jakob. It is amazing how 6 months time will make you forget how small and fragile, yet resilient, a newborn is. I was able to hold Jakob for quite some time, and enjoyed the sweet reminders of all things newborn: the small and frequent yawns, the little grunts that seem to come from deep inside, the little stretches in between spurts of sleep. He was so precious and I am so happy for Julie and Opie. Julie is a natural mama - and looking beautiful too despite the long nights and lack of sleep!

Watching Ella crawl around Jules' living room while I held Jakob really showed me how fast time goes. On one hand I feel like our journey as parents just started ... however, I really can't remember not having her with us and it feels like we've always been this happy family of three. Jakob was born just a few ounces heavier than Ella and the same length, yet how quickly I forgot how itty-bitty a newborn seems. I suppose when you spend each minute, hour and day with your child, the present is truly the present and you don't realize how much they are changing. Regardless, it was neat seeing the two together and realizing that the amount of development that occurs over 6 short months is just amazing!

So I end this post with many sweet memories of my own Ella Bella when she was as young and as small as Jakob is. My one advice to Jules? Write everything down! While I haven't forgotten all the details of the past 6 months yet, I can already see that with each day bringing new discoveries and challenges, there will surely be a lot to remember.


Ella & I with Julie & Jakob


A glowing new mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment